Chanakya National Law University is committed to provide a suitable enabling environment to all students with special needs and those from marginalized sections . Equal Opportunity Cell of the University is mandated to take necessary steps in this direction. Not less than half of University students are from marginalized sections including minority status, SC/ST background, BC/EBC background and are physically chall enged. The Equal Opportunity Cell comprises of:
- Patron: Prof. (Dr.) A. Lakshminath, Vice - Chancellor, CNLU, Patna
- Co - ordinator: Dr. S. P. Singh, Associate Professor, CNLU, Patna
- Assistant Co - ordinator: Mr. Ravi Ranjan Kumar, Teacher Associate, Faculty of La w, CNLU, Patna
The terms of reference wherein the Equal Opportunity Cell at the University may undertake activities are inter alia as under:
- To work out suitable programs/schemes, including Remedial Courses, for improving performance of students with special needs and those from marginalized sections.
- To establish co - ordination with UGC, government and other funding agencies (including Public Sector Undertakings/ Public Sector Banks) with a view to mobilizing financial and other resources required for educational empowerment of the students from marginalized sections;
- To provide information and act as a counselling - cum - guidance centre for students belonging to the marginalized sections, especially with regard to academic, financial and other matter s;
- To help create a socially conducive atmosphere for the growth of healthy inter - personal relations among students from marginalized sections and from various social backgrounds;
- To help develop cordial inter - personal relationships between teachers and th e students with special needs and those from marginalized sections for academic interaction and extra - curricular activities;
- To extend help/ support to the students from marginalized sections to overcome problems and barriers emanating from discrimination at any level within its mandate;
- To organize or conduct seminars/ symposia/ workshops/ conferences/ exhibitions, etc. from time - to - time on issues of contemporary significance for empowering, educationally and culturally, students belonging to the special n eeds and of marginalized sections.
- Photographs of Event dated 11/02/2016. Click here to view.